This salsa is summery, using ripe peach, tomato, crisp red pepper, and green jalapeno. You could also add cilantro, mint, or red onion if you so desire. The salsa would also pair nicely with grilled chicken breasts or a spinach salad.
Pork Chops with Summer Peach Salsa
2 bone in pork chops
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 red pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
6 leaves basil
1/4 lemon (juice and zest)
- In a shallow dish, mix the soy sauce, garlic powder, and chili powder. Add the pork chops, coating both sides in the mix. Allow pork chops to rest in marinade for about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet and rack.
- Cook chops for 15 minutes, flip, and then another 15 minutes, adjusting for the fat content and thickness of the chops.
- Check that chops are cooked through, with no trace of pink. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Dice the peach, tomato, red pepper into 1 cm cubes. Mince the jalapeno (with or without seeds and ribs, your choice. I do without.) Chiffonade the basil leaves.
- Combine vegetables with the sugar and lemon juice and zest. Allow to sit in the fridge until chops are cooked and rested.
- Plate pork chops, top with several tablespoons of salsa, and enjoy!