Welcome to the Chic-Peas Kitchen!



We're two best friends, Kelly and Suanne, who love to cook! We have a passion for fresh food, complex flavors, and saving time. We'll share with you what's for dinner (really!) as well as how we made it and how we can make it better.

Jump in and learn with us!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Japanese Dinner Party

The art of the dinner party is beginning to be lost due to convenience, but its one art that I'm hoping to revive little by little. Nothing beats home made food served with love and care and good conversation. I recently entertained a coworker and his wife for dinner. They're on secondment from the Tokyo office for a few years and I was looking for the right pan-Asian menu to complement the homemade Japanese food that they would be bringing. (Homemade Japanese food! Exciting!!) Although I didn't know until that evening what they would bring, I knew I had a general theme for Perry and I to work around.

The Menu (links to recipes):

The photos:
Okonomiyaki
Short Ribs
Settlers!
   

As I get time on my hands I'll try to add additional recipes and such. The party was so much fun and I really enjoyed trying a little bit of homemade Japanese food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip for good service!

Followers