Welcome to the Chic-Peas Kitchen!



We're two best friends, Kelly and Suanne, who love to cook! We have a passion for fresh food, complex flavors, and saving time. We'll share with you what's for dinner (really!) as well as how we made it and how we can make it better.

Jump in and learn with us!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Asian Cucumber Salad

Cucumber salad is a great no frills side dish for hot summer days. I think it goes best with spicy and saucy foods (like yesterday's garlic eggplant or a plate of ribs).

Today's recipe is borrowed from A Sweet Pea Chef, who added sesame seeds, grated ginger, and rice wine vinegar to spice up a typical cucumber salad. She has a ton of great photos and recipes on her site - you should totally check it out!

I opted to replace the rice wine vinegar for cider vinegar (simply because I have one and not the other. I'm a terrible Asian, don't judge. haha). They have very different flavors, so I used a bit less than she does. I also added a teaspoon of sesame oil but forgot to sprinkle the sesame seeds for the photo... but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a tip for good service!

Followers