Welcome to the Chic-Peas Kitchen!



We're two best friends, Kelly and Suanne, who love to cook! We have a passion for fresh food, complex flavors, and saving time. We'll share with you what's for dinner (really!) as well as how we made it and how we can make it better.

Jump in and learn with us!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Marinated Minute Steaks

While I am a stickler for quality meats, when serving a large dinner, it's impractical to get everyone 20 oz porterhouses. Let's be realistic. You want portions that are healthy, easy to wrap up if they aren't finished, and taste good.

This is why I'm a fan of minute steaks (or cube steak, which is apparently part of the beef round). As far as I can tell, a minute steak is a 6-8 oz piece of lightly marbled, boneless steak, usually only about 1/3 inch thick. And it lives up to the name - I can pan sear this sucker to medium rare in about 5 minutes.


Marinated Minute Steaks
for 8 steaks, 15 minutes

8 minute steaks
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon American mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
a dash of pepper

  1. Combine all ingredients in a zip freezer bag or shallow tupper ware. Whisk to combine.
  2. Dip the steak in and cover both sides. Move to the side and continue coating each steak on both sides at least once.
  3. Cover (or zip) and refrigerate until ready to cook. (I let mine sit overnight. I think at least 2 hours is optimum.)
  4. Heat a skillet until very very hot.
  5. Place the steaks in the skillet and sear for about 3-4 minutes. When browned, flip over and rotate so the steaks get even heat. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
  6. Plate and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. naturally like your website however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I will definitely come back again.
    Motorcraft KM4978 Molded Hose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info for my mission.
    Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a tip for good service!

Followers